Meet the Prosecutor
Stephen K. Haller has served the citizens of Greene County since 1975 when he was hired as an assistant county prosecutor.
He was raised in Xenia, Ohio and graduated from Carroll High School. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Wilmington College and his law degree from the University of Toledo. Steve was admitted to the Ohio Bar in 1976; the Federal Bar in 1978; and to practice before the United States Supreme Court in 1978.
During his 43 year career in the Prosecutor’s Office Steve has represented the State and County in thousands of criminal and civil cases in all courts in Greene County. He has also argued cases before the Second District Court of Appeals, and the Ohio Supreme Court.
In August, 2006, Stephen K. Haller was appointed Greene County Prosecuting Attorney. Mr. Haller was elected to the office in 2006, 2008, 2012 and 2016.
From 2001 to 2018, Steve has been honored to receive the Martindale-Hubbel AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating for legal ability and ethical standards. In September, 2014, Mr. Haller was inducted into the Carroll High School Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame.
Mr. Haller is affiliated with the following associations:
- Greene County Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association
- National District Attorney’s Association
- Greene County Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #37
- Greene County Township Association
- Wilmington College President’s Advisory Council
- Greene County Consortium on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- ACE Task Force Board of Directors
- Michael's House Executive Steering Committee
- Local Corrections Planning Board
- Advisory Committee of the Fairborn Municipal Court Drug Court